Nursing Study Guides

GREAT READS

CCRN Exam

The Critical Care Registered Nurse Exam or the CCRN is conducted by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.  This certification is for nurses who provide care for acute or critically ill patients. Clearing this exam certifies them to take care of any one of the following category of patients: adult, neonatal and pediatric. All states of the US require this certification. This certification is valid only for 3 years.

CCRN Exam

The Critical Care Registered Nurse Exam or the CCRN is conducted by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.  This certification is for nurses who provide care for acute or critically ill patients. Clearing this exam certifies them to take care of any one of the following category of patients: adult, neonatal and pediatric. All states of the US require this certification. This certification is valid only for 3 years.

Eligibility For CCRN Exam

Applicants need to comply with the following perquisites to be eligible for the exam:
•    Current unrestricted licensure as an RN or APRN in the United States is required.
•    Applicants should have spent the following  hours tending towards adults, neonatal or pediatric patients:
1.    The applicants should have completed practice as an RN or APRN for 1,750 hours in direct bedside care of acutely or critically ill patients in the past 2 years.
2.    Out of the above stated hours, 875 of those hours should have been spent in the most recent year preceding application.
•    Nurses who have held positions such as manager may apply their hours spent supervising nursing students or nurses at the bedside.
•    The name and address of a candidate must be given for verification of eligibility.
The physically disabled may also be eligible, if they comply with the perquisites. An application may be filled and submitted online. The AACN reserves the right to question a candidate’s eligibility.

Syllabus Of CCRN Exam

The course covers clinical judgment, which is concerned with the major ailments affecting all ages. The course also includes professional care and ethical practice.

Format Of CCRN Exam

The exam is available in two different formats. The computer-based exam is conducted at Prometric centers. The paper and pencil exam is conducted at institutions approved by the AACN. Candidates are required to answer a total of 150 multiple-choice questions. Out of which 25 are pre-test questions and rest account for the overall score of the candidate. The examinees are given 3 hours to complete the exam.

80% of the exam include questions from clinical judgment and is age specific for the adult, pediatric and neonatal populations. Remaining 20% covers professional caring and ethical practice. The results are furnished immediately after the exam or provided 4 weeks later depending on the format opted by the candidate.

CCRN Critical Care Nurse Examination Study Guide

ccrn.png Brand : Mo-Metrix
Category : Nursing
Product # : Study Guide Exam- 111
Description :

The CCRN is a rigorous exam in which the candidates are evaluated regarding their skills and knowledge over various issues. To help you in your exam preparation, subject matter experts have prepared CCRN Exam Study Guide to help you with exact exam format and the content covered in the examination. The Study Guide contains in depth knowledge and assessments on various topics related to exam. Get CCRN Exam Study Guide and increase your chances of passing the exam with flying colors. We wish you all the best for your exam preparation.

Average rating : 0 stars, based on 0 reviews

Create a Review

View Reviews(0)